My house is so messy. It really is so so messy just ask nates home teaching partner lee who is also in our bishopric...he is the only one who has been allowed to see it and that's only cuz I wasn't here. Luckily he is like family so it's ok! I didn't even know where to start... Every single nook and cranny I tried to hide away to was messy...so I went out today. Had lunch with my sista at gross yet cheap del taco where there is a great play place for our kiddos to play so we could catch up and I could hide from my messy messy messy house! I always say that my house is an outward manifestation of an inward condition....and this is very true this time for sure you see I did not bring any of my exercise stuff with me to the cabin last week and even though I brought my scriptures and ensigns I never touched them nor did I have any personal prayers and I already told you how I fed my body and mind...I took a vacation from EVERYTHING! And I payed for it. I did not nourish my mind body or spirit for too long and because of that my mind is a mess.
Thankfully sacrament was close by and the talks, lessons, and sacrament was exactly what I needed to knock me out of the laziness I had slipped into! I enjoyed the rest of the sabbath with my little family as much as I could in my mess of a house and was determined to clean house come monday morning.....well...I ran on my treadmill, and I took my vitamins, I even studied my scriptures and ensign, but I just could not get started on this mess..i even was ready by 11am...which never happens. I knew what I was doing... avoiding it as much as I could plus I just didn't feel right in the head yet and I really have to work on what's goin on inside of me before I can get cleaning..that's what I tell myself anyways...Im a master at procrastination and all the reasons for it. I finally started on it like at 5 and now it's under control...
Tomorrow it will be back to the clean organized home I have enjoyed lately. I almost took pictures that's how bad it was! But one thing my mom did teach me was how to deep clean...it just takes me awhile to get goin but once I do..it's hard to stop me...Unless I have to feed Olivia......or there's chocolate cookies calling my name! Other than that I'm unstoppable. On a side note I heard an awesome talk on Mormon channel today it was in the 2010 January ensign a talk by Paul v Johnson of the seventy called "make yours a great life"... Very very good and uplifting in for the times we live in...my favorite part was when he said now is the best time to live because it is our time!
Hopefully tomorrow is a little bit easier than today and I'm more on the ball with my homemaking skills.although I will give myself props as a very patient mommy today....did not raise my voice once and felt really compassionate towards their specific needs......so HA at least I chose the better of the two right? Right!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Messy messy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so funny. Lee did not say one word about your messy house. In fact he probably felt right at home. Our house is more messy than it is clean these days...and I HAVE been known to take pictures of it all. :)
Post a Comment