Just got home from a 4 day get away to a beautiful cabin in the mountains for some snow mobiling, great food, card playing, and lots of fun! Every year My Husbands Business partner's family and us go on a "getaway" together. Sooo much fun. They have 3 boys and 1 girl we have 2 girls and 1 boy..they play soooooo well together and we have a blast with their mom and dad. (which is hard...you know, to find another couple where the wives AND the husbands get along and WANT to hang together) the snow and blue skies were just what I needed to relax and get out of my everyday routine mentality. The first day and night we were there it was snowing just enough to feel like we were in our own little snow globe. THe cabin was HUGE and just perfect. IT had 3 huge love sacks for all the kids to jump on and wrestle with. the kitchen was state of the art beautiful with the coolest fridge,(I love cooking in other kitchens) And the company was even better. It was fun to play with my kids without a house full of chores calling my name..and to take a break from my exercises and healthy food. (don't tell my trainer, she'll kill me in our next training session) I ate lots of homemade butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, popcorn and m&ms, cafe rio style dinners, roast, potatoes, eggs, bacon, hot chocolate, Dr. Pepper, Root beer, Hot Apple cobbler with icecream, Hot cinnamon Rolls..etc, etc. Etc. We put the kiddies to bed by 8 or 9 so all 4 of us stayed up late into the morning hours playing cards and giggling uncontrollably for no reason at all. My dear sweet husband got up every morning with the kids so I could cuddle longer in the nice big gushy king sized log bed!! It was a BLAST! bUt nothing compares to My Home Sweet Home. I love getting away..but I love being home even more!!
Check out this site to see a virtual tour of the AMAZING cabin we stayed in
http://www.bearriverlodge.com/five_bedroom_cabin.php
Got an amazing deal on Ksl..just love Ksl classifieds..They make trips like this possible for us working class folk!!!!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Home sweet Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, how fun! What a great little getaway for you guys! Trips are nice and refreshing but I totally agree about coming home. I actually put the same thing on my most recent post. Funny.
Fun! This is just a hop, skip, and jump (10-15 min walk) from my parents' place, I have seen them and wondered how they were, glad you enjoyed your trip!
Post a Comment