Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tavis "Tid Bits"

Tavis turned 3 back in March. he is my oldest and his speach gets better and better every day. the other day I was in a time crunch so instead of putting the kids in a bath I put them in the shower with me...usually they play with their toys while I wash my hair, but this time Tavis kept pushing my stomach in and saying "gushy" "gushy" "gushy"....then he took my stomach in his hands on each side of my belly button and made a mouth with my "Gushiness" and said in a low voice while moving the skin back and forth like a mouth."I am gushy, I am gushy..ha ha ha. I couldn't stop laughing and decided that it was a very good thing I am not paranoid about my weight..otherwise I am pretty sure that would have sent me right into a deep state of depression!!

The next day...while my kids were eating lunch..i figured i had a few moments to steal away and read a chapeter in "new moon" the second book of the twilight series. well..it's not that easy once you start up that book you lose track of time. tavis had finished his lunch and was playing with his cars by my feet on the floor. I thought(oh he's having funI'll keep reading) well I realized he threw his cars down a few minutes later and ran pouting into to next room. Ipulled my attention from Bella and Jacob Black for a minute to ask him what the matter was? he yelled from the next room "I NEED SOME ATTENTION" not much can get me to close that book but that was too much. i went in the next room to see his little pout lip shadowed by his brows turned in and eyes hurt. I took him in my arms and said "what did you say" he looked up at me with his powder blue pouting eyes and repeated " I Need some attention". I couldn't believe me ears...What honesty. from now on i am going to do the same thing to my husband when march madness comes around...sad thing is..he probably won't here me. and that is a Tavis "Tid Bit" for todaY!!!!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW!! New Moon....Bella and Jacob Black. You really can loose all sense of time. Tavis tidbits is very insightful. You should start a column named "Tavis Tidbits".

Jess said...

That is adorable! Dan gives me the I need some attention routine when I am hooked on a book too :)

I heard we have a common acquaintance... I saw Angie Nadauld at my work party. She said you are fabulous!

KMCLE☠ßUЯKE said...

I LOVE THE SHOWER STORY THAT IS HILARIOUS! YOU'RE SO CUTE.

Tanya said...

thats hilarious about the shower! little boys are definitely curious about mommy's body. i have a three year old as well, and he's pretty hilarious as well. looks like your enjoying life. i peek at your blog from time to time. just thought i'd declare myself.