Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Remember the park




I miss it these days. I told Tavis this morning that he needed gloves and a hat and boots cuz its REALLY cold outside. He looked out at the sunshine and said "no it's not mom, the sun is shining bright today which means its not cold". I explained to him that the sunshine isn't just warm and inviting..but that it can be decieving too. He looked at me like he wanted to ask what I meant but resolved that it was to early for that kind of inquiry. I love the sunshine..it just makes me happy. I am very grateful for the brightness in my home today I love it..but more than just seeing it I love to bask in it while my kids get exercise on the play ground while we all socialize with friends or I with a great book. We are avid park attendees. AT LEAST 3 times weekly if not more. i'm really looking forward to getting a cherry hill pass this year to be in the sun even more! On a side note..My dear sweet Olivia slept 10 hours straight last night!!! she's a quick learner. all day yesterday I let her fall asleep on her own for naps..it was fabulous to get a full nights rest last night. All though I actually feel more tired today then yesterday...its like my body wants more. I had a really hard day yesterday..I call it my "I don't care days" I just didn't care about doing one little thing other than playing with my kids, eating ice cream and talking on the phone. I also call it "a funk" I get in those every now and again and they are hard to get out of. I cared about something a little too much and got my feelings hurt so it spiraled me down to just not caring at all! The good news is the I am coming out of this one fast. the sunshine helps alot..but also this morning I went walking with my good buddy Lori at 5:30am and it was FREEZING..but you should never underestimate good clean oxygen in your lungs, endorfens running through your body, and a good friend that will tell you how it is..."forgive and forget, until you have walked a mile in that persons shoes you have no room to judge" she's right and so are the other people I have confided in. I love my inner influence of friends and family..they are all such good people with great hearts who love me and help me be bigger than my natural self! thus I feel sooo much better now and I have let go of the offense and am moving on to a new day! The other good news is is that I feel at peace now. It was like as soon as i started judging another the spirit left me. I could actually FEEL the difference in my thoughts, actions, and motives. I felt alone and I did not like it at all..I wonder if that is what I call depression. not having the holy ghost with me. I strive really really hard to make sure I am listening to uplifting music, words and conversation, reading good books and being kind to others not just in action but also what is in my mind about them..there's a reason I strive to live this way..because I want my good friend the holy ghost to all ways be invited into my life..he just makes it so much more joyful and he really does help me see things in a whole new perspective..so when I uninvite him to be with me I feel it..and I don't like it..I feel alone and sad..and depressed..oh my goodness I just had an ah ha moment..hmmmm that's cool. anyways, Im feeling much better and am thankful that I can be forgiven and for repentance. All right since I just went off on a tangent...let me share some fun pictures of a few of our wonderful park days last year. ( these are haileys 3 best friends)

1 comment:

Lara said...

What cute park pics! Winter is hard for me. I find myself getting into "funks" a little too often during the winter time as well. And I really don't like how deceiving the sun is either. Spring needs to hurry up already!