Friday, March 18, 2011

Matt..18:4-5"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.And who ever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. "
Johnny's Mother looked out the window and noticed him "playing church" with their cat.
He had the cat sitting quietly and he was preaching to it. She smiled and went about her work.




A while later she heard loud meowing and hissing and ran back To the open window to see Johnny baptizing the cat in a tub of water.She called out, "Johnny, stop that! The cat is afraid of water!"

Johnny looked up at her and said, "He should have thought about that before he joined my church."






Just in case you haven't gotten this email...I thought I'd share...I LOVE IT!
The Little children in my life have brought me so much joy lately. I just love being a mommy. My children are so beautiful and yes its hard..but so much more easier if I allow myself to be with them and learn as they do..simply, humbly, even throwing tantrums like they do is soothing...but only if I get over it and forgive as fast as they do....both parts are equal in that lesson ...Ive learned the hard way on that one! It's Tavis's "Birthday weekend" Today Nate, Olivia, hailey and I went in for his VIP day. We had a poster of pictures of him and a bag of stuff he put in it to show what he loves and then a bag full of candy bars to share with his class. It was SO MUCH FUN. He felt so special and to meet all the kids he goes to class with everday was awesome. His teacher asked him what his favorite thing to do at school was? Tavis took awhile to answer and I let him..(usually I rush him because I think he's taking too long and it's awkward) but Like i"ve mentioned in the past..im really working on my control issues and letting my kids "BE who they BE" ANyways..I watched the other kids whispering answers to him like recess and so forth..I thought for sure he would say recess..I would have! When he decided (finally) he said.." My favorite part of school is being kind to all of you"! My heart melted. What a good kid. His teacher smiled and said "thats why you have so many friends Tavis..because you are allways kind to everybody". What a great Morning. my kids are the BEST blessings I have been blessed with other than the great Man I am married to..it was so fun to smile and look over at Nate glowing as much as I was at how proud we are of our little guy. We work hard and talk ALOT about how to do this parent stuff together..we don't allways agree but we allways hash it out and come up with what we both think is best for our little ones. I can't imagine doing this on my own. I have a new found respect for my mom. A single parent..she raised me..worked full time and parented the best she could. what more can you ask from a parent but to give you their best. and thats what my mom gave me. Life is good. even when I feel like that wet cat..its still good.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Tavis is such a sweetie! I was feeling the proud moment..... you are a great Mommy!

Lara said...

Tavis really is a good little guy. He is always so nice and respectful when I help in his class.
So, who is that little one in the first picture? Please tell me it's Tavis! He totally looks like he could be in your family. So so cute!