Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm a bread maker!!!

I am taking my role as a home maker..one baby step at a time! Today I made bread and cinnamon rolls from scratch! They are so nummy. I am super excited. I read in my book last night this paragraph right before i fell asleep:

"The senses give us great pleasure and enhance our feelings of well-being. bringing art and music into your life is a feast for the eyes and ears that fills your soul with passion. rich natural sense of flowers and spices can cure listlessness and bring Joy. the smell of well prepared foods cooking ,freshly baked bread, salty sea air, or new mown hay  can counteract depression. galleries and symphonies can awaken our senses .the vivid orange color of nasturtiums  or the sent of lilacs in spring contribute to your sense of well-being and let us know we are part of a delightful whole."

I want my kids and hubby to come home from their hard days to a sensory overload of peace, love, harmony, warmth and good freakin food!
I happened to stop by my sisters house today right before her kids got home. Her house was clean, she had peaceful music on and she had warm banana bread waiting for them . Wow I want that. I asked her if she did that on purpose and she said " yes sometimes I make cookies, sometimes just regular bread w honey butter...I try to have something warm and inviting for them" let me add..she's 8 months prego with her5th boy shes got every excuse in the world to sit on the couch and watch tv instead of doing that for her kiddies. It's amazing to me how many times I've been there and seen what I saw today...but wasn't paying attention...crazy! Anyways...got the bread recipe and frosting recipe and made my very own, I'm soooo excited..this is a big step for me! Nate and the kids are super excited too!!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Congrats Dusti! That is one thing I always remember from when I was little...coming home to something baking in the oven. Yum! I personally cannot say that I have done very well at this but I love the idea. Your kids and Nate are so lucky and will appreciate it very much. At least they better! ;) Enjoy!