Today is a good day. I couldn't sleep so my day started at 4am. Tavis was laying by me when I rolled out of bed finally at 5:30 and ran after me saying mom "don't go don't go"..I assured him with a smile in my heart that I wasn't going anywhere. I fed him two bowls of oatmeal and afterwards he says :kay mom lets go cuddle and go back to sleep" I smiled and explained that i was going to get started folding laundry. He says.."ell I want to stay with you, so I said "ok" with excitement in my voice "lets make a comfy bed on the couch and put a movie on". So he got all comfortable and I put on old looney tunes and tom and jerry cartoons..MY FAV. I had so much fun hangin with him ,folding laundry, watching cartoons! anyhow, I had Tavis, Hailey, Noel(a 9 month old I watch) and I all ready and out the door by 8:55. got Tavis to Preschool on time and the girls and I went grocery shopping. our first stop.. Sams Club. I have the business membership so I got to enter before hours and practically had the store to myself. Our first stop was to get a big Dr. pepper and their nummy cinamon pretzels! I bought beautiful spring flowers and the biggest green grapes and red strawberries I've seen in awhile(im snackin onthem now nummy nummy) then we headed on over to walmart where I only had a half hour to get the rest of shopping done..got it done in 17 minutes..there I found the most beautiful bright yellow and pink tulips..had to get them( Im spring sick) but not prego sick ANYMORE!! I think thats why today is so great..I feel normal again no throwing up, no nausea. Seriously Nate had to go grocery shopping for us last time and it was way over due. This time i'm ahead of our 2 week schedule so we actually have food in our fridge! It feels good. I'm also on a spring cleaning mission. I have a HuGe list to accomplish before may comes so I can enjoy and rest my last trimester and summer with my two little ones. I also bought a box of newborn diapers today..(to be prepared) and it got me all excited to have a new little one here soon(well 5 months) It also got me thinking about my life now and how I love it how I'll never get this time back with just my 5 yr old Tavis and 3 yr old Hailey We have a schedule down pack of how we like to live our lives which includes staying up late sleeping in, taking naps, reading books, going on walks, they are my best friends in the whole world and they are both potty trained!! Thats all going to change come July 2010! for the better I know..but it will be different. This year will be a very busy one. Tavis starts Kindergarten Hailey starts Preschool and I start breast feeding ALL over again!! ITs been a while. I've had a nice long break from the baby stage..and as hard as it will be to say goodbye to this time in life Im more than happy to welcome the new one in! But not before I savor the last of this one. Anyhow, off from my tangent there..We all got home ate lunch and I read a new book we bought today to the kids..then all 4 of us..Tavis, Hailey, Noel and I went to sleep. I slept for a couple hours..only cuz I was cravin the strawberries and grapes. Noel woke up a half hour ago..her mom just picked her up and my kids are out cold still..thus the time to blog. I just really like my life today..nothing has changed on the outside of me..same clothes, house, kids, husband, life..but inside im just grateful..and I think thats the key to liking your days..to be grateful for them.
I hope all of our days ahead are full as mine has been today!!
Love one happy Dusti
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I like today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Dusti for that! I had what I felt was a bad day today, but reading what you wrote made me smile. So true, enjoying the simple things is the best!
That was so cute keep on bloggin i love reading your thoughts
Crazy Cam
Post a Comment