10 Years ago I attended Hunter High school. I was 18 years old and had the world ahead. Little did I know about the changes that would come in just a few short months. I remember feeling unsure, Unfit, and unmistakably too hard on myself. This year 10 years past I had the heart break of my life. My first love and friend were dating behind my back. As I cried on her shoulder about how hard it was to let him go, she was kissing him! She lied right to my face and all though I was all ready 18 I had never tasted that kind of deceit before. Believe it or bot I still have a bad taste in my mouth. a first Love you never forget along with your first broken heart.
That Year held many many heartaches and changes for me. Graduation was the least on the list. I was never into high school the way some were. I never really enjoyed going to football games and other events..well except the dances..I loved dancing with my girls!! But I was into the people and supporting their dreams and met some of the best people still in my life today in the halls of Hunter High. I use to join in the game of saying "If I could just go back to high school, well I would change everything". Really what I was saying was that I just wanted to change myself and how I handled things like grades , people, and social affairs. However, I've realized that the way I was in high school was the set up for my dream life now and I wouldn't change then because I'm a changed woman now.
Here's to another 10 years....
Love Dusti
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Ten Years ago....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW that was really strong i hope i never have to do through anything like that ever!!!
Dusti-
Hi Its Jessica Gordon Howell. I saw your blog on someone elses blog. Glad to see you are doing well and are still friends with Brit and Katie. You are still as cute as I remember you. Keep in touch.
jessicaghowell@hotmail.com
Post a Comment