Friday, November 20, 2009

Introducing...Max Murray

my nephew Matthew..LOVES him.
Max being scared after getting a bath
Max right after we bought him from a farm in Wyoming!
He was nasty dirty..but soo cute
Not quite dry yet....he was scared out of his mind



Yes..I finally gave in and we bought A PUPPY. This was 4 months ago...just wait till i post pictures of him now...He' s all ready 50 pounds and not stopping. He's a great pyrenies. BIG DOG! Nate has all ways wanted a boxer..and I all most gave in BUT i couldnt they are such ugly dogs(sorry if any of you have one) im sure i would have loved it. Anyhow, Nate didn't give up on the dog thing..he showed me a picture of the great pyrenies puppy about a year ago and of coarse I loved it..but then i researched them. They grow to about 125 pounds and about 40inches tall. So I said absolutly NOT. you see Nate was raised with dogs and cats in the house...not me. and I hate shedding. so anyhow, about 4 months ago I scheduled myself out a saturday from the salon and we went down to an animal adobtion fair all day. we looked at so so many dogs..didn't like any of them, till we came upon a 2 year old pyrenies..I fell inlove with him, he had such a great feeling to him, Nate was so happy. needless to say, that kind of dog you need to get as a puppy to raise them around children. They are great dogs, usually raised on farms to protect the livestock from moose, bears, wolves...whatever. they aren't fighting dogs just intimidaters. Well, its very apparent that Hailey and Tavis are his flock..he's very protective of them and I love it. Anyhow, it's very hard to find these kind of puppies, and there were NONE in UTah. but we found a place in Wyoming that had two left..so we got him that day!!! He also doesn't shed!(just a little) I wish they would stay cute little puppies..he is getting sooooo big, sometimes I wonder what was I thinking? plus having a puppy is like having another child..the whole house training has about put me overboard...but he's a good dog and learns quick! Our house is surrounded by corn fields, and farms. we only have one neighbor on the right of us...which we lOVE..theres lots of creatures out in those fields like HUGE racoons..now I don't have to worry..we have MAX!! oh and I guess we have a cat now to. a week after we got max a black cat started to come around. Max and him are best friends now..they snuggle by each other on a sunny day outside and sleep..so cute. So we started to feed it..guess it's never going away now..but its nice because he kills alot of mice from those fields and so does Max. We love Max and its been good for our children to learn how to treat animals and to not be scared of them!

2 comments:

KMCLE☠ßUЯKE said...

YOU ARE FUNNY DUSTI! WE HAVE A BOXER AND YOU DO HAVE TO BE IT'S MOTHER TO LOVE IT'S FACE... HOWEVER IT'S MALE AND THE MALES ARE USUALLY NOT SO PRETTY. FEMALES HAVE A MORE FEMININE CUTE LOOK TO THEM. WHEN MY FRIEND JACQUIE FIRST MET MY DOG SHE WAS LIKE I'M SORRY BUT THAT DOG IS OHHHH SO UGLY... NOW SHE THINKS HE'S THE CUTEST THING EVER BECAUSE HE'S GROWN ON HER!!! (I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM ANYWAY WITH KIDS, THEY SAY THEY ARE A GREAT FAMILY PET BUT OURS IS MORE GUARDISH AND HAS BITTEN 8 PEOPLE, BIT MY DAUGHTER TWICE....ONLY CUZ SHE GRABBED HIS TAIL AND HE SNAPPED... AND HE TORE A CAT IN HALF WHEN IT ENTERED OUR YARD... WIERD BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 CATS AND HE'S GAGA FOR THEM) SO GOOD CHOICE ON THE PY DOG..

DANG IT LETS YOU BRITT AND ME HOOK UP IT'S BEEN FOREVER! MAYBE AFTER CHRISTMAS WHEN THINGS CALM DOWN. XOXO

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I love your dog, he's so cute and fluffy. I can't imagine that he doesn't shed. I think it's important for kids to have a pet, a dog is such a great choice. It definitely takes patience, some days I contemplate letting my puppy run out the front door & cross my fingers that he doesn't come back LOL but he is worth all the trouble. Have you taken him to puppy school? That really helps him learn how to behave with other dogs and it helps you learn a lot too about dogs & their behaviors. I took my dog & I'm so glad I did. Socialize him as much as you can, and even then, I've learned, it's never enough. My dog is weird with only some other dogs, socialize, socialize! You won't regret it!!