Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Birthday Wishes.....

My First Years Theme was ME!! I kicked it off by going to chillis with my best friends, we got together before hand and got all ready. I put colored extensions in them we went to a comedy show after, and after that went to IHop till 3 in the morning where we laughed and cried together! Not shown in this picture is Mandy my best sister ever and Reyna..some one I really look up to. It was a great kick off to a great "ME Year" In the year 2007 I went back to school got my cosmetology license, assisted an amazing hairstylist, participated in two great hair shows, and made lots of new great friends!!!

In the Year 2008 My theme was to get to know Jesus christ and heavenly father on a more personal note. I started that year off by an un planned trip out to Missouri to visit my grandma who had just had a stroke. there I was spiritually fed by family members I hadn't seen in years..setting me on a path to discover what faith meant. I then started studying the Bible, all the parts that described Jesus time on earth, that sent me on a reading fit of D&C and 3rd nephi where I really got to know Jesus and heavenly fathers character more..but most of all I started praying and meditating more than not...this is how I really got to know them, I quieted myself long enough to actually hear them and feel them, It was an amazing year!

This year the kick off was my mom taking me shopping on my birthday. she bought me all new temple stuff and a temple dress that is SO my personality, to follow that was my Young womans in Excellence night....


Okay so not really a wish..but a goal! Every year on my birthday I take the time to evaluate what s going on with me and what I need to work on or learn more about. I started doing this on my 26th Birthday, so this is just the third year i have done this, and its funny because it didn't start out being that big of a deal to me but it is now! infact its not a goal anymore that I search and pray for its a THEME. you are probably asking WHAT? well what I mean is a week or so before my birthday I go "soul searching" I ask my heavenly father to help me know what "theme" to pick for the upcoming year of my life, Sometimes i know way before my birthday and sometimes it hits me right before midnight strikes.. none the less the last three years my prayers have been answered in time. I have three pictures showing what my themes have been. I am really really excited about this years theme..The temple, and its interesting to me of how each theme has gotten me to this one First...finding myself, Second finding God, and now finding his blessings...in all of these areas I am still learning and growing but building myself a strong foundation. I don't know if I have mentioned yet that one of my callings in church is a beehive instructor (which i so so Love my girls) But I tell you this now because our new YW president has decided that our "theme" for the girls next year 2010 will be temples...so that means we are going to every temple from the Logan Temple to the Manti doing baptisms for the dead!!! How FREAKING exciting is that. So for our yW in excellence night last week we had the head matron sister Child come and speak, as she spoke my chest was on fire with the love of god and how he knows me. Who knew better than the Lord that not just the girls needed it but so did I. I know that he knows my heart. Nate and I are not sealed in the temple, however i am still sealed to my Ex..Now alot of people have asked me if that bothers me and my answer is "no" they also ask me why I haven't gotten a temple divorce? and my answer is it's not up to me. You see in my church a man can be sealed to more than one woman but a woman cannot that doesn't mean i am still legally married to him I am just still sealed to him. I believe it's simply to keep order. But my sealing to my ex cannot be broken until Nate and I are married in the temple and even when that day (I pray) comes that Nate and I are sealed, I still have to get permission from the first presidency to have a temple divorcement from my ex husband. Whew does that all make sense? The thing of it is is the reason why They wont break the sealing between Jon and I is because then I couldn't enjoy the blessings of the temple ordinances and really I am so happy that I have these blessings in my life, and all though Nate and I are not sealed YET. I believe some day soon we will be! So that being said my temple theme this year is very near and dear to my heart. I love going to the temple every month with my ward family at ward temple night and I love going by myself But I do dream of the day when hand and hand Nate and Iwill go together. theres NOTHING more cleansing other than the sacrament I believe than to spend time with my Father in heaven, I know that this year has alot in store for me with better understandings and a higher awareness of my own personal mission and place here on earth and here after.




Love,


Dusti

5 comments:

mckenna said...

Dusti!! I just adore you!! I love this post. And I love the idea! With an upcoming birthday myself, I can't wait to copy this idea. It's something I need in my life right now. To be focusing on bigger things than just the day to day. I LOVE it!! Love YOU!!

mckenna said...

Soooooooooooo...I SPECIFICALLY told Shauna (who arranged our little brunch) to call YOU!! I'll have to have a chat with her. But next time is December 15th through some time later that week so we'll FOR SURE have to get together then!! This time it was just Jobi, Shauna, me, Lacey (who I haven't seen in FOREVER and hardly recognized!), and Helen. We'll have to see if we can gather up just about everyone in December!!

Jobi Niu said...

I loved the post too. What a great idea.. You're so sweet! SOOO BEAUTIFUL TOO inside and out. I miss ya.

Barbara said...

I love how you are so passionate about everything you do!!! You are such an amazing person! I love your idea about having a theme for each birthday, and you have picked some pretty important themes. I can't wait to see what next year brings!

Dusti said...

Thankyou, to all of you for yor nice words and encouragement. I just feel so blessed to have everyone of you in my life! Thankyou