Have you ever wanted to let someone in your friends or family circle just HAVE IT!! I do on occasion...but never do anything about it. Why? I ask myself..why not just say whats on your mind and let it all out..? well, I don't have a clear answer for that..other than I just want to be a good person. Now I know that the definition of a "good Person" differs from you and I..but basically we all have an understanding that reaming out one of your loved ones is not really nice...but can be good sometimes. Thus the debate begins: the thought process goes as follows: I can't believe they are acting that way, what makes them think they are royalty and I am scum? oh dusti stop being so petty, remember what oprah says, "don't bend over to pick up the offense" it's your choice to "feel" this way and you can't control their actions only your own...Well I know all that but what about the old saying "you teach people how to treat you" what about that...and if I don't stick up for myself now then when...the debate continues on with the angel on the right shoulder saying "turn the other cheek" while the devil sits the left repeating "you have no more cheeks to turn"..thus the endless saga between good and being right begins! I want to state my position on this subject.. it is ever changing. I like to think of my self as a pretty reasonable girl..but every once and awhile...and it seems to get more and more as I get older..people close to me "PISS ME OFF" and so I just shut them out...usually not my close close friends cuz im pretty selective on who I let close to me..because I have been hurt. Im just a really trusting person and usually I forgive fast..a trait my mommy has taught me! the problem with that is that some people out there..are really good liars, so good infact that they believe their own lies..which is understandable because I am a true believer that the world you create in your mind does start to create in reality which takes me on a whole other tanget of feeling bad for these people that are placed in my life..because I know that they are in great turmoil inside because it is manifesting in theire relationships,life, and in them all around them, you can see it in their eyes that they are so unhappy, no matter what they state on their blog, to their family, or to the world....the mask they wear is see thru to me. I know I am being harsh and judging but dang it...I'm sick of it! and so i'll piss and moan to my blog while i'm "unplugged" for a moment and then i'll get my self in check and move on, just like I allways do. However, this time I may just say something to the offender/s because after all when it comes down to it...they are worth it to me and I will allways LOVE them, I may not agree with them, but I have and allways will LOVE them.
How do you deal with people like this in your life? I'd love any advice you have
Dusti
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Dusti Unplugged....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Shoot...What did I do?
If I'm understanding correctly, and I think I am (although I've been wrong before), I'm sure I've been in a similar situation. And in the past, I've generally been the type to say something. But in this particular situation my parents taught me a great lesson. They had me ask myself one thing. Will confronting this person and addressing the issue make things better? I thought about that for a long time and finally realized that it honestly wouldn't. The person who was involved would not have changed in any way whether I said something or not. So I chose to say nothing. However, if the answer to that question is yes, even if not right away but in the long run, then you SHOULD say something. In my case I decided not to and then studied the book The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrel which really helped me to understand my feelings about the situation and learn, through the atonement, to love the people involved regardless. Anyway, that's me...unplugged. :)
Oh mandy..you are a nerd..you know when I get irritated with you..and thats really NEVER! and Mckenna Thankyou for your advice..today me being unplugged is not too nice..thankfully we have fresh new days to evolve ourselves into what we really need to be. thanks
I love Oprah! And I don't know what to tell you except for I would like to think that I keep my mouth shut when it's most appropriate, but I'm sure there are people that would like to argue that. LOL Good luck. My email address is shanaleroy@hotmail.com
Hmmm, I think it is best to say what is on you mind in as nice a way as possible :) Because if you don't, the resentment will grow, and the other people if they love you wouldn't want that!
I know I am always happiest with myself when I address an issue head on rather then pretending it doesn't exist. That is just me though!
Im just wondering who your refering to? Anyone I know...;)
Id say...hold your tounge until the problem is hurting you or another family member. but really, will blowing up change a blasted thing? probably not. And it just makes me hold grudges and be a mean person. When i've felt like you are feeling, its easier for me to just stay away from the situation and pretend they are perfect.
That's a tough one! You know as well as anyone that I used to say whatever I thought, now I only do if I'm honestly asked, it caused too many hurt feelings and I regret being so outspoken and opinionated in the past and jumping to conclusions. BUT, honesty can be refreshing, especially if you approach out of love and concern for them and if their actions are negatively affecting you or others. Good luck and I hope it goes better.
Post a Comment