Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One on ones



Fortunatly Nate has a job that he is his own boss! Which means among the perks of him being able to make his own hours, He also gets to bring Tavis to work with him on occasion. Tavis LOVES this! So does Hailey ..she LOVES to have mommy all to herself. It's great to have one on ones with our kids. They are 4 and 2 so they have to compete constantly through out the day for our attention cause they are ALLWAYS together. This has been a great way for Nate and I to give each child the deserved attention. Tavis has really been acting out lately..his mouth has just gotten out of control with his bigger than life attitude. We have been worried about him because it's been going on for over 2 weeks now and we have tried everything consistantly. We finally came to the conclusion that his "love language" must be quality time at this time in his life and he hasn't been getting the BEST quality time this summer because life is very busy. Nates job is booming and I just started my own business so even though I am home with my children sadly to say sometimes Im not here mentally ,because we have seen a huge change in Tavis's attitude Nate, being the most awesomest Dad has taken Tavis to work twice this month with him..and its made quite the difference in his eyes, smile, and attitude. I am trying really hard to make an effort to actually "play" with my two little best friends. today we got legos out and played 3 types of games with them. did I have the funnest time of my life..No.. but I really enjoyed seeing the difference in my childrens emotional stability, which is way more satisfying than anything I do in my business I really believe that quote that says something like "no accomplishment out of the home is more important than in the home." I really messed that up but you know what I mean! We are excited that next week we will be in St. George all week, and yes two days are for my business but the kids will get to swim their little hearts out with daddy while i'm gone, then the rest is all for just the family.
I told Nate that I was nervous for a whole week away with Tavis and his Attitude and Nate looked at me and said this is exactly what he needs..a whole week with just mom and Dad...he's right. Im so thankful for him and for our partnership in life..I looked at him this morning while we were both getting ready and said " I love our life together, can you believe that we are going to be celebrating 5 years ? and don't you think that it just keeps getting better?" he got a little smirk on his face and I said what? why are you laughing? and he hesitated and said..I'm just tired, and this is one of those deep conversation things right? I just laughted, smacked his butt and walked out of the bathroom with my own smirk on my face..He's such a guy!! But I love that about him..cause seriouslyI wouldn't want to be married to anybody else!! my favorite one on ones are with my hubby...wink wink!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love this post, you are such a good mom! Good for you trying your best to sort out what the little guy needs. I meant to call you and see if you'd do my hair on this trip but I ran out of time (and babysitters) so maybe next time!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I am so glad you are settled in your house & have the internet because I LOVE LOVE your posts!

Dusti said...

Adrienne..add me to see your blog. murraydusti@gmail.com. call me next time your down so I can see your little guy...who's not a baby anymore I'm guessing!!