Sunday, April 6, 2008

Inspired

Inspiration...what a word. It doesn't quite explain the way I feel. However it is the closest way to describe what I felt during President Monsons talks today. I absolutly loved President Hinckley and every time he talked I would smile and sometimes cry. and of coarse I sustained him as a prophet and I believed that he was a true prophet. But I have never felt the feelings that I did today as our 16th President of the church spoke. his words peirced me to the very core of my soul and I know that President Monson is the only true prophet on this earth today. Hope is another word I am feeling. have you ever come away from a conference feeling like you can never "catch up" or do everything that is expected? I feel hope that flutters into simplicity. and I can do that. As he spoke of his ancesters and told the regular "monson stories" like he allways does, I felt something different. so much so that after I put the kids down for their naps I rewinded it back to his first talk of the day the end of the first session, I listened to that talk 3 times in a row and it's funny because at the end of the third one I'll admit I fell asleep, but in my sleep I was hearing the other talks spoken in the second session but in my dream it was the prophet speaking. I felt the spirit so strong as I cuddled in a gushy blanket on my couch in my sweats with a towel wrapped around my head. and as the tears flowed down my cheeks I thought "this is great" I can have the same feelings from heaven anywhere in this world..as long as I open my heart up to feel them and realize that I am his child and he will never forsake me..or in other words leave me alone. I am so happy right now, and its not because I have a big house(cuz i don't) and its not from just eating a huge amount of ice cream, or it's not even because I have things...its because I have been touched by something that is so familiar to my spirit that makes me feel like home. I wonder if thats why i get so depressed when i am not living up to the covenants I have made...it's not anything anti depressants or shopping sprees can take away or fix. its simply that I'm home sick. and when I am not doing whats right I don't feel the spirit that reminds me what home really feels like above. I am so thankful that I have a temple so close to me and that I can go and feel what my home is suppose to feel like. I went last saturday for the first time in two years. the jordan river temple. the temple I recieved my convenants in. as I walked through the doors the familar smell made me smile and I got warm fuzzies all inside. I allways like to look around and picture my own home looking and feeling the same. I know that this is the only place I can go and be truly safe and free from satans constant nagging. I want my home to be the same for my husband ans children. so first things first....got to get a home and second I need to clean better!!! hehehe. anyways, I love today and I just wanted to share. I hope you all were touched by our living prophets words today!! how blessed we are to live in a time where we can hear an actual prophet speak.


Love Dusti

2 comments:

Jess said...

Dusti, you're GREAT. I am glad that you shared.

Tara said...

Dusti I love this post! It seriously made me tear up. It was so well written and I totally agree. You are awesome girl!