I am sooo done with House hunting. I just want to be done!! I don't even care anymore...a little shack off to the side of the road...SOLD!! I just want a home of our own. I want my kids to beable to be a regular 3 and 1 yr old and tear apart their own home. There's nothing like living with family and having your kids draw on the wall, poop on the floor, pee on the carpet, scream resentlessly at 3:20AM in the morning for an hour!! you name it, my kids have done it. which is part of growing up..and shouldn't be a big deal. instead they have to not only deal with 4 grown ups telling them no, they have to feel the constant anxiety of their parents day in and out over things that are just natural for toddlers to do. And not to mention things that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't usually say no to in our own home with our own rules!! I'm not ungrateful for all that our family has sacrificed for us these past 8 months. I'm just done. all those who have been in my situation know exactly what I am talking about. I am so excited to do just regular things in the privacy of my own home like: walking around in my underwear, eating icecream in the living room at 12 am in the morning with the tv on and high. screaming really loud at Nate when I want to. theres nothing like getting in a fight with your husband in fromt of the inlaws. it just doesn't happen, which is ok i guess, but a really good fight means making up...and theres not much of that going on with family upstairs and to both sides of your room that you share with both children!! It's amazing how you live different when others are observing. Oh and I will really enjoy skipping a sunday here and there without feeling like a teeanager again! all of you who think im crazy, I want you to keep track just today of habits, words, eating habits, movies you watch, clothes you wear, activities you do that you wouldn't feel comfortable doing in front of in laws..or just plain anybody else other than your spouse and children. I am so blessed to have amazing In laws, cuz if they weren't I would be insane by now! We have the best Realtor EVER. he has been patiently working with us for a year now. he's helped us make 5 different offers in 5 different cities, and yet not ment to be. I know that heavenly Father is going to lead us to where we need to be. But in the mean time...AHHHH. I think what is....is and it will happen the way it should, I'm just venting.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
okay dusti--- i am glad you checked out our blog. i do remember what happened in school. that was really funny to think back on. it has been forever since i saw you. man i feel really old. you family is VERY CUTE. it seems like your doing well. i hope you find a house soon. sounds really frusterating. what city are you living in? i am excited to be able to see how you guys are doing with your posts. i love this blog stuff. i am a total blog stalker, checking on everyone. i feel like i know them after all this time. anyways, thanks again i was really excited to hear from you! take care-- tiff
DUSTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I found your blog through Jess Chappells and I was so excited! I haven't seen you in forever! Your family is beautiful and you look so great. I am sad that we didn't keep in better touch. Do you still talk to Brittany?
Ok well I am going to link you to my blog so I can check in on you every now and then. I just love you girl!
(this is Tara (Newman) Thompson by the way!
DUSTI GIRL IT'S MISTY FLICKITY FLACK! (BURKE NOW) HOW THE HECK ARE YOU???
Okay Dusti, it is a good thing you threw in that "only a select few" bit on Tara's blog or I would have been truly offended! I know what you meant though. I totally felt left behind by my senior year.
I hear you on the house hunting thing. It's miserable. I will totally start picking up flyers in my neighborhood now and send them to you... I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to recruit our friends to move in to our neighborhood! :) The houses are old and small, but it is a great place to live. Best of luck!
Hey Dusti! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. That is funny that you remember that about us!
Man we had so many hilarious times in high school didn't we? I miss you girls! That New Year's party at Teisha's was the best.
You can email me sometime if you want - tara.thompson79@gmail.com
Love ya!
I KNOW IT HAS BEEN FOREVER, I THINK SINCE BRITS WEDDING SHOWER.,, I DUNNO SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE THAT. SO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOUSE...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. MY SISTER STACEY DOES REAL ESTATE IF YOU NEED SOMEONE LET ME KNOW. CALL ME UP SOMETIME. 512-9149. I'M STILL IN GOOD OLE WEST VALLEY JUST WEST OF HUNTER HIGH. I'M RIGHT ON 6400 WEST IN BETWEEN 41ST AND 35TH. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING AT DOLL FACE? I JUST HAD SOME FUNNY MEMORIES OF RAGING WATERS HAHA. DAMN THAT PLACE.
Hey Dusti! Misty pointed me to your blog, it is so good to see pictures of you and your cute family. I enjoyed reading your posts. Good luck with your house hunt, that is my most favorite thing to do! But it is stressful too. Well worth it though. I will definately keep checking in with you!
Love
Brandi (Flack) Peterson
HEY BRANDI JOINED...
http://rodneypeterson.blogspot.com/
How could I forget you!!! It has been so long since I have even seen you. Your family is so cute!!! We will be coming up to Salt Lake in May or July so we will have to try and get together before we move. It is good to see that you are doing well, I hope finding a house goes well. We just sold ours it seemed like it took forever. You'll have to give me your email so we can talk more and get caught up on everything.
I hear you there. I lived with parents for a year. It is very liberating to be on your own again. Good luck!
Post a Comment