Hi all!! I'm alive i promise!!! It's been a great month. We moved into a huge 3 bedroom apartment up in Cotton Wood Heights!!! I LOVE IT. My very own space. it's up on the third floor but .....trust me it's got it's pro's and cons. mostly pros. My views out of all my windows are bright green trees, I feel like im in a tree house!! We decided to get an apartment while we "decide" on where is the best place to call "Home". Its really me who has to decide..Nate could care less, he just wants me to be happy! I really like Cotton Wood it is so beautiful up here. I live so close to many parks and the rec center! it's different...being born and raised a west side girl livin up on the east side. I definetly am NOT ever going to get use to the Target up here. It's a little too uppity for my taste, instead of minni Vans and family cars, the parking lot is full of upscale Escalades and BMW's which...hey thats fine if you choose to drive a 50, 60 70,000 dollar car...but atleast ask you car dealer to throw in a book of manners and appreciation in the deal!! really i'm not kidding. Anyhow. I went to Ikea the other day and filled the cart with MY style of decorations...bright bright colors and I LOVE IT!! its fun for me to play house..its been awhile..ive been in the basement of the inlaws too long..i thought i might have lost my taste..but NAW still got it! I decided to bag doing hair at the salon..too pricy for comfort..so i have actuallybeen doing alot of hair at my apartment!! I am really suprised and grateful for how many people started calling me once I got into my own place. It's fun....My kids get great play dates with kids their own age and my clients don't have to get a baby sitter!! have you noticed all my exclamation marks?!? it's cuz im happy...IM FREE!! i am so grateful to beable to have had that time at my inlaws..great people...it's taught me to appreciate all the little things i took for granted in the past, like candles of my choice burning, icecream and chocolate in my fridge longer than 2 days (my two inlaw brothers lived with us to) treats went really really fast in that house. I also like to not wear alot...alot and i don'thave to mention other freedoms that are nice now too.. you get the point. My mommy is coming to spend the week with me next week at MY place. haven't had that EVER. so we are taking our time and making some more money to be completly ready to buy in 5 months. Tavis and Hailey love our home too. they don't like climbing 3 flights of stairs, but they love their own rooms, room to run and make a mess, couches and big pillows to throw on the ground and just have crazy FUN!! they sleep so well in their own rooms, it's nice (sigh) we haven't been to our ward yet..but we did go to the wrong ward the first sunday and everybody was so so nice, we were bummed when we found out the church right next to our apartments wasn't our ward building (figures) but thats ok. I love the fresh air and the cool mornings. my favorite is beign able to cook again and vacuum carpet(weird) I know. I still go a little stir crazy (we have just one car right now) I don't like not having a way out...it bugs me, but we also didn't have internet or any kind of tv for the first month. that was hard. so sometimes nate drops us off at the UTA Frontrunner and we hop on it up to Layton where our very bestest friendslive my sista Mandy and my kids cousins her children. she picks me up at the station just down the road from her house and I get my "OUT" as my Nate puts it. I need to get some picturesposted. im horrible at it. SORRY I will get better as we update our computer stuff. My kids are just too cute not to share!! I curl hailey's hair in little wringlets and put a big bow in it now..she literely makes my heart melt. My little ta man is potty training right now and he hates it as much as I do. but he's getting the hang of it. Hailey wants to potty train too, she actually is better at telling me she needs to go than tavis is....BUt i can't do both at the same time. the other day they both pooped in their thomas the train and little pony underwear.... I lost it. it's just too much for me right now. so she's gotta wait till Tavis is done. Nate is loving life right now, he's got a happy wife and kids. a cooked meal most of the time, and his job is just exploding. for all you ladies out there that have ever had a husband in a job they don't like...you know how nice it is to have them in a job that they LOVE. it makes all the difference. I feel really blessed. and I thank my heavenly father above for all of this...he has really made a master piece of this life..he 's really good at making "joy" just right for me even down to the bright green trees swaying back and forth outside my windows. the hard part for me is excepting it or feeling worth it all. I lovehim so much and wouldn't change anything he has given to me, he definetly made this heart beating inside me..how else would he know so well how to fill it with all the right things in this world. For the first time in 10 years I am going to vote this year. I feel horrible every time I thank God for my freedom and know that I don't utilize the voice inside he's given me. This election is very interesting to me and though my GUT tells me Barack I need to research more. there are some bills he has voted for inthe past that really go against some core values of mine such as abortion.. to me it's more woman rights vs. human rights and i just have a problem with it. as for as McCain goes..he seems like a puppet to me with his pretty little pony prancing close by to give him that "making history" vote . I just don't feel like his heart is in it like Baracks is but is Baracks in the right place? i don't know yet but I DO KNOW that i am going to vote cuz it does matter...all of our choices matter and are accounted for at the end of this life and I want to make sure that i make the choices that matter, and really show our for fathers that i DO appreciate the sacrifices of their lives and so many others for this right. could you imagine seeing them after this life and saying "nope, didn't ever really get a round to that voting thang" sorry!!!" just can't do that. anyhow, thats where im at...ENJOYING! hope you all are too!!
LoveDusti
Friday, September 19, 2008
I'm ALIVE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Dusti, I am so glad that you are back online... and how fun that we are neighbors! Now we really need to do lunch. Email me and tell me which apartment building you are in. I'd love to come see you.
As for the politics... there will be some good stuff coming up. Frontline does a special on the two major party candidates and it is quite awesome. I feel like they do a good job explaining where each candidate is coming from. I will look up the air date and let you know when. Better late than never when it comes to caring about politics.
How nice that you are livin in Cottonwood. I am glad to know that you are in fact alive! What did you buy at IKEA? Take pictures of your new decor, and of course your kids and post them up. I am shopping starved since we don't have a ton of stores to pick from in Maui.
It is so good to know you are doing well. I totally understand the one car thing, Brien and I did it for about four years, I hated it. But keep up the post I love to hear how you are doing.
I'M NOT SURE IF I KNEW YOU DID HAIR...... MAYBE THAT'S A GOOD EXCUSE FOR ME TO SEE YOU. I WENT TO SUPER CUTS THIS WEEKEND AND SHE DIDN'T DO WHAT I WANTED HER TO DO. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN FIT ME IN EARLY FRIDAY AND I WILL TOTALLY COME SEE YOU!
CALL ME YO 512-9147 AND MY EMAIL IS KMCBURKE@LIVE.COM
XOXO
XOXO
Hi Dusti!! So glad that you are still alive. haha Great update. Glad to hear that you are so happy in your new place. You are far away though...
I need you to help me with my hair issues. Will you call me? Call Mandy and ask for my number.
I am impatient, maybe I will call her and then call you. :)
Caya
Hey Dusti!
I'm so glad I tracked you down! After you moved back to Utah I tried calling but you must have gotten a new number cause the one I had didn't work. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are doing so good and you finished hair school! I know that was something that you really wanted to do! Randy and I finally finished school and have just moved back to Utah. We decided it was time for a change and we just missed our family soooo much. We'll have make plans to get together one of these days so our kids can play again!
Dusti! You sound so happy, I LOVE it! You should post some photos of your kids, so I can oogle at their cuteness!
Post a Comment