Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tavis "tid Bit"

Tavis is sick. I think its his tooth, and I feel like a bad mommy for not being better at brushing his teeth and flossing them. I have allways had really good teeth. Now I know that is not just a blessing but a curse. i don't take the best care of my teeth and so I have handed that habit down with my childrens. he has had a high fever for the past few days, plus his nose is running non stop and he won't eat cuz it hurts his mouth he was up all night screamin and delirious i guess...talking and screaming as if he was in a nightmare. the side of his face is poofing a little and I don't have to guess what that means, i've seen it happen to my mom and when i was prego with Hailey my teeth went to the dogs and same thing happen to me. Emergency root Canal...ahhhh oh those words strike me hard in the heart and the mouth. I can handle any needle anywhere...just not the gums. yuck. not to mention the cost OUCH. but the worst of it is it's my fault. It's one thing when you let it happen to yourself...it's quiet the other when its your child who suffers. Any how we are going to give him a blessing today to see if that can hold him off till 2 morrow..when dentist are open, but if it gets any worse I can't wait any longer. heres the Tavis Tid Bit:

a couple nights ago Tavis and I were playin the bed game!! Not a game either of us like to play. its when I put him to bed and he gets up 20 times ...well i think it was the 21st time of putting him in "naughty time out" where I hold him tightly in place for a couple mintutes. He hates to be restrained. as I was asking him if he was ready to go to bed and stay there he says, "mommy, sing to me and rock me..I want to fall asleep in your arms"...My heart melted and seriously how do you say no to that? so I sang him a few of our favorites rocked him close to me like I did when he was a baby and just breathed in the moment. Every thing about it, the smell of his fresh clean hair, baby lotion soft on his skin, his warm little heart beat beating next to mine. I love My little tavis and there isn't anything I won't do for him or give up of myself for his better. Even if it means brushing and flossing his teeth 5 times a daily!!!

Sorry little Guy...I promise I'll do better.

Love mommy

11 comments:

mckenna said...

Ohhhh!!! Poor guy! And that story just melts my heart!! I love those little moments! Payson did it the other night too. "Mommy, will you lay with me?" So I lie down with her for a minute and she starts to whisper "I love you, I love you, I love you" over and over again in my ear! How can you not just cry? Being is mother is just SO worth it!! And don't feel too bad about the teeth thing. I'm fine with brushing, but a HORRIBLE flosser!! We all screw up and learn to be better the next go round!!

Jess said...

That is a bummer! What a sweet kid, though. I am glad you were able to have "a moment" with him.

Brandi said...

Brushing and flossing little ones teeth is so hard. Especially at night when it's time for bed and everyone is tired and it's not like they stand there with a big smile on thier face as you do it, it's a fight. I make Rodney do it:)
But we don't floss thier teeth at all, it's way too hard! I'm sorry his teeth are hurting. I hope he doesn't need a root canal.
Cute little tidbit too. What a sweet boy!

The Mulford Family said...

Oh no!! Don't beat yourself up Dusti...your a good mommy ;) What a sweet moment with your little guy....you really need to write a book becuz when I read what you wrote I felt like I was the one holding him.

Tara said...

Oh so sweet! and those poor teeth. I totally need to be better about brushing Drew's teeth. It is hard though! UGH!

Shaylan and Traci said...

Poor kid. Don't beat yourself up over it though. It happens to even the most vigilant of parents. Everyone has had a toothache at some point. At least it will fall out. I love those rock me moments too. Too precious to pass up.

Tanya said...

i am the very worst at brushing my own teeth as well, but my mom must have given me flouride with my breakfast or something because i never get cavities either. hopefully my kids get the good teeth genes. your kids cutie pies!

Randi A. said...

Poor little guy. Thanks for the inspiration to brush Hudson's teeth a little longer and a little harder. ;)

Jobi Niu said...

YOu're such a sweet Mommy! Tavis is SOOO CUTE!

Joan Grisel said...

What a great update. I saw your adventures on your mom's blog. How fun. Wish I could have been there:-0
It is wonderful to keep up with the children. They are getting so big.
I love you all.
Grandma Grisel

Jobi Niu said...

HEY! I live in The City center part of Eagle Mountain. Erin Greer lives by me. We love it out here! But just hate how much money we spend on gas and have to plan a to leave a half h our early everywhere we go. Where are you guys building??