Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beware of "for sale by owners"...

Good NEWS.....suppose to be closing on a home in 2 weeks!!! Not likely going to happen. Why you ask? well let me just tell you....we just happened to stumble across some of the most ignorant "for sale by owners" that you can possibly run into. If any of you are in the house hunting or saleing right now...you know that it is a buyers market, not a sellers.... a buyers...I'm the buyer they are the seller..YET they have proceeded to have their Fathers (both) call my realtor and yell at him after every addendum we have sent, they rejected our repair addendum, My poor realtor has had to drive to Stansbury Park from Layton to sit down with their whole dam fam and explain every word to them.(twice) I love this house..its exactly what we have been looking for that's why we offered 2000 grand more than they were asking AND are financing our own realtor costs...YES i know we are crazy to do that in a market such as this (I've heard it from every mortgage and realtor person since that i have talked with) BUT its got everything to a tee..of what we are looking for. even the color of paint on the walls! so you tell me..am I crazy or are these people really stupid? they must be liven in a bubble of some sort. I packed the kids up yesterday (Saturday), drove all over the place all day, pricing out stuff. (realtor is out of town) any ways..found out that we could build for 3000 less than what we are paying them..AND have no drama!! anyhow...long story short..probably going to terminate this contract, and the good part..watch this house sit on the market for at least 6 more months and sell for 20 grand less of what they are asking for. I am mean i know...but come on people.....!!! Anyways, I haven't been on here for awhile..slowly getting done with my last month of school...each week my graduation gets further and further down the road...I've skipped a few days or so...I'm just done mentally there..BUT not physically . I've got 80 hours left and that's gonna take me a little while to get..seeming as how I'm not too motivated to go right now. weird question for ya? why does the state make cosmetologist get 2000 hours and real estate agents only 90, before they will issue a licence? Even general Contractors only need a few hundred before they are out building the biggest investment of your life time...okay I'm going to go to bed..I'm on one 2 night. catch ya later..

Dusti

4 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to have you back. You are too funny. Congrats on building... that way you don't have to deal with any germs from the previous owners! I hear you on the general contractor thing. I get to work with them all the time, and they are NOT all created equal. Residential is the worst... but what are you going to do.

Brandi said...

Is the house you are supposedly buying in Stansbury Park? We lived there for the past 5 years, and just sold our house last August. We really liked it there. It's such a nice place to live. Hopefully it works out for you whether this offer comes through or if you end up building.
Good Luck!
Brandi

Miller said...

I hope the whole house finding or building works out. Why do some people make buying a house so difficult? It will all work out, but I understand the frustration. Keep in touch.

bundy family said...

Dusti-
Hey I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. Hailey looks so much like Tavis! and Tavis is such a little stud! Can you believe they are so old. Holton will be 4 in October and I am starting to freak out!.

My blog is set on private, so email me your email address. I have one for you, but I dont know if you still use it. Its meg.bundy@gmail.com. And our blog is 4bundybloggers.blogspot.com