Friday, July 30, 2010

Its my pleasure to Introduce....




Olivia Jo Murray
July 19th 2010
7 Pounds 7 Ounces
19 and a half Inches


I did it..well we did it.. Olivia and I held out till she was fully baked at 39 weeks!! I love having healthy plump babies!! I went in that Monday afternoon to my unscheduled doctors visit because she had not moved much all day long and that was very unusual for my unborn baby. Because it was unscheduled..i waited for all most 2 hours..well during those 2 hours I started contracting regularly..which I had been doing on and off for 2 months now..so I didn't think much of it in fact i ignored it..too many false calls and trips to Labor and Delivery in the past couple months to add one more to the tally. So there I am thinking about what we are going to have for dinner when I get home when my doctor checks me and says..:"well Dusti you are dialated to a 5 and the reason your baby isnt moving much is because you are in labor"..I looked at him and said with a sarcastic tone to my voice "Real Labor"? He answered me by picking up the phone and calling labor and delivery to let them know I was on my way to be checked in. As I waled out of the doctors office I reached in my purse to get my phone so I could give My Hubby a heads up that Olivia's head was way down and coming out soon! But wouldn't you know it...I left my phone at home..Luckily I was only minutes away and all ready had all the kiddies clothes packed and mine as well. I had Nate drop me off to the hospital so I could check in while he dropped Hailey and Tavis off to my Sistas for the night. My contractions were coming hard now and they hurt. For some reason the nurse couldn't find me in the computer (even though I had just been there 2 weeks prior) and admissions were taking their sweet time...so I sat there in my cute hospital gown unhooked, unmonitored for an hour (its policy that i cant be helped until I'm on the computer) mean while my contractions are getting worse and the moment Nate walked in the room he had to deliver Olivia all by himself.......HAHAHAHA just kidding!! Just Kidding!!!

They finally got me hooked up and my epidural that only worked on one side for awhile, then broke my water. 2 hours later and 2 pushes..Our 3rd child Olivia Jo Murray came into this world! Luckily the epidural kicked in just in time. Time seemed to stop for the three of us. all the nurses and doctors left the delivery room where Nate, Olivia and I had time, peace and bonding working for us now. She wanted to nurse right away and she's a natural at it. (I'm sooo thankful) After that the next few days are a blur, other than I didn't rip or have to get cut so my recovery has been awesome. Now here I sit Blogging on my first day with all three of my angels napping peacefully (for now). I love being a mom, and for some reason with each one it gets better..its all most like you stop worrying about the petty things and stop to enjoy the rare brief moments a newborn brings into your life. I LOVE IT!!!

(pictures courtesy of my oh so talented sista..Mandy!)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats Dusti!!! She is beautiful! I love the name. Glad everything went well and that she is a good baby.

p.s. LOVE the prego pics below too. You look great girl!

Brandi said...

Awww, she is darling! Congratulations! I am glad you had a good labor and delivery and are enjoying the newborn time.